Date:      Sun, 17 Mar 1996 19:28:46 -0800
From:      Hiroyuki YASUDA <ysd@pipd.sel.sony.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        ysd@pipd.sel.sony.com
Subject:   Install FreeBSD.

Hi, I'm Hiroyuki Yasuda, I bought FreeBSD CD-ROM Version 2.1
(*Jan 96 version).

And I try to install the OS to my machine, but It hunged.

First I made the boot floppy on the other machine, then tried.
Kernel booted and I can see the all of the messages from kernel,
then screen is became black and cursor is blinking at the left bottom
corner. What wrong?

My machine is 486DX2 66MHz and additional only 2 cards.
one is standard VGA card and other is SCSI card. SCSI card is
Adaptec AHA1542CP.

When the machine hunged, I push the SysRq key,
I can see "DEBUG ioctl(3,TIOCCONS, NULL)=0 (success).
the after couple of minutes, I can see
sd0(aha0:0:0) timed out.

Cannot be used this 1542CP cards?

Please tell me the way of solving this problem.
Hiroyuki Yasuda (ysd@pipd.sel.sony.com)
PIC-Research Lab
SONY Corporation of America
3300 Zanker RD. M/S SJ2A4 San Jose CA, 95134 USA