Date:      Thu, 03 Oct 1996 15:14:31 +0200
From:      Tor Egge <Tor.Egge@idt.ntnu.no>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Interrupt lossage in FreeBSD-current.

> >But something was causing an RTC interrupt to be lost. I've only
> >experienced it while profiling a program (while the RTC interrupt rate
> >is 1024 Hz), thus I can only assume that the RTC does not like a
> >latency longer than the interval between two RTC interrupts.
>
> Please check this.  Disable interrupts for a second or two and see if
> the RTC stops.

Inserting an INTRDIS(IRQ8) in the load part of an lkm, and an
INTREN(IRQ8) in the unload part showed that RTC interrupts stopped
while the device was loaded, but resumed as soon as the device was
unloaded.

Inserting a loop taking 4 seconds while interrupts were disabled in
the load part of the lkm just froze the system for 4 seconds, but RTC
interrupts resumed afterwards.

I no longer see this as a latency issue with regard to the RTC.
Something else was causing one RTC interrupt to be lost.

- Tor Egge