Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 2002 18:58:37 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Daniel Flickinger <attila@hun.org>
To:        a@grunix.com
Cc:        FreeBSD-CURRENT <current@freebsd.org>.Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>,
Subject:   Re: [Where] is OpenOffice 1.0.1_4 package available?

    I do run the /proc file system as default (and have
    been for at least 60 days without a problem), so:

	fetch ...
	tar yx ...
	openoffice-setup

    was all of an hour and it lit right off. Started using
    it this morning and it appears to be faster, and cleaner
    in general than Star 5.2 (definitely loads faster and
    appears to be have significantly less resource load).

    Only thing setup refused to accept was my IBM JDK/JRE
    address either as /opt/IBMJava2-14/jre/bin or its base
    address. Any comments? It's not a major item other than
    downloading with Mozilla is SLOW.

    The only ooo requirement for Mozilla is if you select
    the address book pointer; I seriously doubt it makes a
    difference which version you use as long as it can find
    it.

    Thankx for the URL!

Sent: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 08:30:56 +0100 by asg
+