Date:      Mon, 16 Jan 95 10:58:07 MST
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        rng@voscc.nagaokaut.ac.jp (HOSOYAMADA TOKUZO/6116)
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: your mail

Ohio gozaimas, Hosoyamada-san!
(well, it's morning here)

> This is e-mail from T.Hosoyamada.(rng@voscc.nagaokaut.ac.jp.)
> I purchased FreeBSD version 1.0 from Walnut Creek CDROM.
> I have two computers.
> 1 cpu       :Intel Pentium 60Mhz
>   video card:ATImach32
>   Bios      :Ami
>   HDD       :540M IDE
>   FDD       :3.5inch 1.44

Hai (yes)

> 2 cpu       :Intel Pentium 66MHz(Micron Computer)
>   videl card:Diamond Stealth 32
>   Bios      :Phenix
>   HDD       :420M IDE
>   FDD       :3.5inch & 5 inch 1.44

Hai, choto (yes, a little)

> Is it possible to run X-windows on my computers?

Most Diamond cards are not supported by Xfree86; you will have to check
the XFree86 release notes to find out for sure.  This is an XFree86 issue,
not a *BSD issue.

There are some patches (which are disclaimed, since if Diamond changed
their PALs, they could cook your monitor/card) on sunsite.unc.edu, which
you could apply to XFree86 to add the support yourself, if your Diamond
card is not supported.

(sorry, my technical Japanese is too poor for the above!)

> Thank you.

Dozo yoroshku.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu