Date:      Sun, 20 Jan 2002 15:22:43 +1100 (EST)
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>, <arch@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: doreti() and userret()

On Sat, 19 Jan 2002, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> * Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org> [020119 10:01] wrote:
> >
> > On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Bruce Evans wrote:
> > > ...  In my version of FreeBSD, userret() is
> > > almost a no-op and almost all the things that were in userret() are in
> > > ast().
> >
> > So, Bruce, can you outline to use what is in BDEBSD that we can expect
> > to see in the future? It soulds to em like it would be nice to get some
> > more of your work in..

Only lots of optimizations (but not enough to compensate for pessimizations
in -current) and cleanups.

> I would too, Bruce please stop holding out on us.

Sorry, I'm getting further behind committing things (2MB of diffs -c2
behind).  The ast() changes were originally written by luoqi
(http://www.freebsd.org/~luoqi/old/).  I just provided ideas for parts
of them originally and started keeping them up to date lately.  Half of
the infrastructure was already in -current since it was needed for SMP.

Bruce