Date:      Mon, 29 Jun 1998 08:27:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      andrewr  <andrewr@slack.net>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xlock

The main problem with using xlock is that the people who have made it and
mod'd it over the years, have tried to make it more of a program than it
should be.  ie, giving the user more options than are needed for this type
of program.  All xlock needs to be is a simple mechanism for locking X,
nothing else.

Also, I am porting a console locking program (doesn't allow VT switching),
from linux, but I have been having trouble with the actual stopping of the
allowing of VT switching.  I have tried setting vtmode to be handled by
the process, then using an ioctl to execute this.  This failed.  Then, I
tried using flock(), that failed.  If you have any ideas and would like to
know what I did before (dealing with flock() and ioctl(), just ask).

A.

AWR 				XNS, Inc.
         <andrewr@slack.net>
  "Drink beer, it will save your life."