Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 1996 18:22:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      hoek@freenet.hamilton.on.ca
To:        "Paul T. Root" <ptroot@uswest.com>
Cc:        Sebastian DEAC <sebi@sorostm.ro>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, norbi@ltmpt.sorostm.ro
Subject:   Re: Unix for 286

On Wed, 24 Apr 1996, Paul T. Root wrote:

> In a previous message, Sebastian DEAC said:
> > I have an AT-286 computer running DOS and I'd like tu run a UNIX OS on
> > it. I intended to install FreeBSD but it doesn't work with my CPU. Do
> > you know if somwhere exists a UNIX wich runs on a 286 machine?
> >
> > Please send reply to:
> > norbi@ltmpt.sorostm.ro

This message would've been sent to sebi@sorostm.ro.  You may want to
check the configuration of your mailer (tossed your original message, so
I can't check which mailer you might be using).  It's probably possible
to make it use the reply-to field.

> This was discussed about a month ago. Your best bet is to get Minix.
> I'm not sure of the location for it. You should be able to run archie
> or a web searcher to find it.

see below quote.

--
Outnumbered?  Maybe.  Outspoken?  Never!
tIM...HOEk