Date:      Thu, 24 Jan 2002 04:20:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bin/25627: Cannot append hash after .elif in Makefile

The following reply was made to PR bin/25627; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
To: bug-followup@freebsd.org
Cc: jkh@FreeBSD.org, jhay@FreeBSD.org
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 14:17:18 +0200

 For the audit trail:

 This one is _not_ awaiting MFC.  The patch was backed out in the following
 commit to parse.c:

 --------
 revision 1.28
 date: 2001/03/15 10:22:50;  author: will;  state: Exp;  lines: +10 -16
 Revert previous change -- apparently it's not quite right.  It broke
 src/sys/modules/if_ef and possibly other things.  I tested the build
 with
 a make based on rev. 1.26, and it worked fine.  Since I'm not
 particularly
 inclined to figure out what's going on with this, it's probably prudent
 just to back it out for now.

 Found by:	jkh
 Suggested by:	jhay
 --------

 Jordan, John?  Does either one of you have any more information that's
 likely to get this PR out of suspended state?  The audit trail doesn't
 include any objections to the patch.

 Ciao,
 Sheldon.