Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 1996 21:04:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      James Robertson <max@underdog.maxie.com>
To:        Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
Cc:        witr@rwwa.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Another cool hack with FreeBSD...

On Wed, 17 Jan 1996, Joe Greco wrote:

> As long as you're not paying per-minute charges.
True.

>ISDN doesn't generally do compression.  :-)
ISDN itself offers none, but the Pipeline 50's at least do, they use MPPP
which supports STAC data compress on the entire link. I don't know how
wide spread that is supported by other ISDN devices though.

	This idea of multible modems might be something I'll look into one
day ifthe office decides they want a bigger link to the net than they have
now (a 28.8K one), since ISDN is not available at the our current office
location. (Oddly, it WAS available at my house, so all the companies I-net
servers are here.)

  James Robertson
  Treetop Internet Services