Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2005 11:10:18 +0900 (JST)
From:      NAKATA Maho <chat95@mac.com>
To:        sander.vesik@gmail.com
Cc:        openoffice@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: OpenOffice.org 1.9m71 package for FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE

In Message-ID: <dcb2c27a05011800105b17beae@mail.gmail.com>
Sander Vesik <sander.vesik@gmail.com> wrote:

> can't get it to work ;( with libpthread I consistently get an abort
> due to spinlock being called from non-threaded code (in rtld) and with
> libmap.conf that maps pthread to libthr, it complains about "" and
> "en_US" locales not being supported by the system and throws an
> exception .... I guess something isn't quite right in the environment
> (i normaly run wiyth no locale related env vars set ATM) but I also
> haven't found the right one yet :(

You are installing this package to 5.2.1-RELEASE?
Or before than libkse is set to default (libpthread)?
this is typical error while 5.2-stable to 5.3-stable, because
in this period thread library has been changed to
libkse to libpthread and set it as default.
(i forgot how to solve because I always building with -RELEASE).

if not, please upgrade to 5.3-RELEASE or 4.11-RELEASE.
Until 5.3-RELEASE, we are also
suffering from _end issue (rtld relys on _end symbol).

thanks
-- NAKATA, Maho