Date:      Sat, 14 Mar 1998 23:36:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      Richard Stanaford <richard@cube3.erinet.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help! Upgrade 2.2.5-RELEASE to 2.2-STABLE.

  You might as well add me to the list. :-)  Fortune has graced me with a
little box that I can play with and I have a nice brand new 2.2.5-RELEASE
installation on it, but I want to go -stable.  I'll fully back up William
on this.  There are several instances where I have searched the archives
looking for varying types of information.  In most cases I either found
what I was looking for or at least had a direction to go.  I do not think
of the archives as a good resource of caveats, however.  I have
2.2.5-RELEASE on my box for about three days and I have jumped in to the
-stable mailing list trying to get a grasp of what the issues are and what
might bite me.  I am all for reading first and building later, but if
there is any way there can be a list of some type, a log, something that
anyone can look at after synching up their source tree and see that "if
you are not aware of this particular detail, before you 'make world', it's
going to getcha."
  I have the fortune of my box not being mission critical.  So if I try
something and it dies, I can pick up the pieces and even start over being
that much the wiser.  But to have a resource of the type that William,
perhaps others, and I have described, would be invaluable, if feasible.
Irregardless, stable@freebsd.org is still a joy to read.

	- Richard.