Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 1997 13:53:50 -0500
From:      Stephane Russell <fk691525@er.uqam.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ATAPI cdrom with 2.2-GAMMA

Hello all,

I've just installed the 2.2-GAMMA FreeBSD over the 2.2-ALPHA. On both
theses systems, my ATAPI cdrom (GoldStar 4X) is not detected properly.
Every thing was working fine with versions 2.1-RELEASE and
2.1.5-RELEASE.

Here are my setups in my kernel's configuration file:

  controller      wdc1    at isa? port "IO_WD2" bio irq 15 vector wdintr
  options         ATAPI   #Enable ATAPI support for IDE bus
  device          wcd0    #IDE CD-ROM

And here are the related messages at start-up:

  wd1: 1554MB (3183264 sectors), 3158 cyls, 16 heads, 63 S/T, 512 B/S
  wdc1 at 0x170-0x177 irq 15 on isa

When I try to mount my cdrom, it shows me that:

  mount_cd9660: /dev/wcd0c: Device not configured

Another problem: when I was starting pppd with the 2.1.x versions, pppd
was sending me a message displaying the status of the connection
(success or fail). Now, it's not showing me anything, so I have to look
if the program is running ok with 'ps -ax'.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank.

Stef