Date:      Sun, 07 Jun 2009 01:11:48 +0900
From:      NAKAJI Hiroyuki <nakaji@jp.freebsd.org>
To:        Pete French <petefrench@ticketswitch.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Big problem still remains with 7.2-STABLE locking up

> > I followed some instructions in the list thread. But unfortunately, the
> > big problem still remains. 7.2-STABLE server locks up frequently.

> Are you using the latest STABLE ? I am rolling out the one from a few
> days ago with the bce fixes, and that works fine.

Yes, the kernel was compiled at Sat Jun  6 17:59:50 JST 2009.
I did not check the source changes but I need watching how it works.

Yesterday's kernel can easily lock up, and ichwd+watchdogd can restart
(reset?) the box.

> > The kernel configuration is:
> > options BREAK_TO_DEBUGGER

> When the box locks up, can you actyually break to the debugger ? This is how
> we eventually tracked down my problem.

No. I have never seen the debugger, Ctrl+Alt+Esc cannot break. And
because this box does not have serial port, debugging seems difficult.
--
NAKAJI Hiroyuki