Date:      Fri, 30 Oct 1998 12:24:34 -0700 (MST)
From:      Doug Russell <drussell@saturn-tech.com>
To:        Konstantin Chuguev <joy@urc.ac.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make installworld over NFS

On Fri, 30 Oct 1998, Konstantin Chuguev wrote:

> Hi.

> Then I'd prefer just to run "make DESTDIR=/net/${HOST} installworld",
> assuming all other hosts export their /,/usr,/var to the build server.

I do it the other way around all the time.  NFS mount /usr/obj and
/usr/src from the build server on the minibox to be updated, then do a
make installworld on the minibox.

Works great.  I use it to update my bedroom machine all the time.  It only
has two 420 meg IDEs CCD, so there isn't really enough room to do whole
make worlds on the machine itself.  Besides, it takes forever on a
486/120.  Much faster on one of the K6es.  :)

Later......						<Doug>