Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 2002 12:00:30 -0500
From:      Scott Ullrich <sullrich@CRE8.COM>
To:        'Barney Wolff' <barney@databus.com>, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: HUT Project

------_=_NextPart_001_01C1DA67.E4F124A0

The HUT Project includes FreeVRRPD.  Since Sebastien hasn't rung in here, I
will try to clear the air.

Sebastien and I are currently rewriting FreeVRRPD to take care of the
remaining RFC issues and to cleanup the ARP code.  The new version will be
completely RFC compliant and will feature a few extra bells and whistles of
its own.

My development version currently does not update arp cache tables but takes
over the Mac.  In addition, the master and backup arp address are settable
for each VRID.  It seems to be running very well if anyone is interested in
taking a look at my hacks (no pun intended).

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we will have a new development version
posted.

Peace,

Scott

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2653.12">
<TITLE>RE: HUT Project</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>The HUT Project includes FreeVRRPD.&nbsp; Since =
Sebastien hasn't rung in here, I will try to clear the air.&nbsp; =
</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Sebastien and I are currently rewriting FreeVRRPD to =
take care of the remaining RFC issues and to cleanup the ARP =
code.&nbsp; The new version will be completely RFC compliant and will =
feature a few extra bells and whistles of its own.&nbsp; </FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>My development version currently does not update arp =
cache tables but takes over the Mac.&nbsp; In addition, the master and =
backup arp address are settable for each VRID.&nbsp; It seems to be =
running very well if anyone is interested in taking a look at my hacks =
(no pun intended).</FONT></P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we will have a =
new development version posted.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Peace,</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>Scott</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; -----Original Message-----</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; From: Barney Wolff [<A =
HREF=3D"mailto:barney@databus.com">mailto:barney@databus.com</A>]</FONT>=

<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 11:42 AM</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; To: freebsd-net@freebsd.org</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Subject: Re: HUT Project</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Does anyone have any insight on how this =
compares to the existing</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; net/freevrrpd port?&nbsp; Without digging at =
all, it appears that freevrrpd</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; tries to update everybody's ARP tables rather =
than taking over the</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; MAC address.&nbsp; I wonder how well that would =
work.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; -- </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; Barney Wolff</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; I never met a computer I didn't like.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; To Unsubscribe: send mail to =
majordomo@FreeBSD.org</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; with &quot;unsubscribe freebsd-net&quot; in the =
body of the message</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2>&gt; </FONT>
</P>

</BODY>