Date:      Fri, 24 Sep 1999 17:16:46 -0400
From:      Sergey Babkin <babkin@bellatlantic.net>
To:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wormcontrol write speed

Soren Schmidt wrote:

> It seems Sergey Babkin wrote:
> > Soren Schmidt wrote:

> > Count me as the third one :-)
>
> Come on guys, the only driver that can use worm* is the atapi-cd driver,
> the SCSI system no longer has this functionality.
> What I mean is that I'll probably sometime when I get the time, will
> change this interface so it better suits my needs. You will still
> have an util to burn ATAPI cd with :)

Does it still work on SCSI in an about-2-years-old (pre-CAM) 3.0 snapshot ?
I suppose it does because the worm driver is still here. I'm going
to backup my 3.0 system at home to CDROMs befor upgrading to 4.0,
that's why I'm asking.

> > By the way, a stupid question: 4.0-current (at least the latest snapshot)
> > seems to have no worm driver. Is it merged with the cdrom driver now ?
> > Does it still work with the SCSI devices ? In particular, with Philips 3660 ?
>
> Se above, if you want to use burners under CAM SCSI you have to use cdrecord.
> There is no worm or wormlike support in the SCSI system anymore.

Do I need to configure the SCSI target driver for cdrecord or
does it just use the CD-ROM driver ? Thank you!

-SB