Date:      Fri, 24 Mar 2000 07:50:58 -0800
From:      "Shaffer, Gary R" <GARY.R.SHAFFER@saic.com>
To:        'Greg Lewis' <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Pre-alpha JDK 1.2.2 patches -- issues

Greg,

First of all, THANKS for all the effort... A lot of people are wondering if
a native JDK1.2.2 port is necessary or not.. I belive it is, even if the
performance sucks because there is not JIT. There is more to JDK1.2.2 than
JFC/Swing.  I have been unsuccessful in getting out CORBA based applications
to run under FreeBSD using the Linux port. We have also been unsuccessful in
getting JNI, JCE, and JSSE all to work correclty.  Just my 2 cents worth...

I would like to help by testing the jdk. All of my FreeBSD boxes at home are
4.0-STABLE so my question to you is when are you going to make a newer set
of patches available?

I have all of the source downloaded and ready to go.

Once again thanks for the effort.

Regards,
GRS
---
Gary R. Shaffer                                 gary.r.shaffer@saic.com
Program Manager/Senior Software Engineer              shafferg@saic.com
Science Applications International Corporation         (v) 858-826-5746
4035 Hancock Street, M/S T-2, San Diego CA. 92110