Date:      Tue, 2 Oct 2001 03:00:12 +0400
From:      support <support@majordomo.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   quotactl

Hi people,

I've faced the following problem:
rewriting the perl script on c/c++ (used cc and gcc compilers) I need the quotactl system call to
get group quotas. While everything was fine on the testing machine -
no problem at all - when I tried to compile and run it on the main PC
I found out that the quotas are not calculated at all (looks like the
numbers are taken from nowhere or are just zero) - dqb_curblocks value
was either some weird figures or just 0.
The last error value was 22, corresponding to the invalid argument.
That is the string that does not work:
quotactl ("/home", QCMD(Q_GETQUOTA, GRPQUOTA), grp_id, &dqbuf);
By the way, declarations as
struct dqblk dqbuf;
and
int grp_id;
are made as well as all necessary includes.

PC where all worked Ok has FreeBSD 4.3-Stable
PC where it failed: FreeBSD 4.3-Release.
Also, standard quota utility is working absolutely fine on both
machines.

Can anybody help me with that?

Best regards,
Valery Zvonaryov