Date:      Tue, 13 Jul 1999 11:15:47 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Greg Quinlan <greg@swlct.sthames.nhs.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Accelerated X - Feedback?

On Monday, 12 July 1999 at 13:56:19 +0100, Greg Quinlan wrote:
> I am looking for some feedback from people using Accelerated-X.
>
> Is it the way to go?
>
> I have problems with configuring my ATI All-in-One Wonder Pro (Rage Pro)
> (+Creative Voodoo 2 12MB)
> and just want a good graphical user interface.
>
> I have looked at Window-maker (0.60) but I just can not get it to work above
> 8bit colours and at low res.  ;(

I've been using AcceleratedX and its predecessors since 1992.  As soon
as XFree86 supports multiple displays, I'm going to switch.  It's
expensive to keep up with the latest hardware, and it's difficult
working with XiG.  Performance may be a little better, but with modern
display boards, that's no longer the issue it used to be.

Greg