Date:      Sun, 20 Jan 2002 18:31:31 +1100 (EST)
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>, <arch@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: doreti() and userret()

On Sat, 19 Jan 2002, Julian Elischer wrote:

> yeah but we'd LOVE to see them..
> can you at least make diffs available?
>
> I'm in userret() at the moment and I'd love to see what you would like to
> change.

See sys.dif.gz in ~bde on freefall.

For optimizing userret(), the idea is to set flags for ast() to check.
E.g., there is a flag for signals so that usrret() doesn't need the
CURSIG() loop.  CURSIG() is much more expensive than it used to be,
since it has to check 128 signals instead of 32 and aquire and release
2 locksE.g., there is a flag for signals so that usrret() doesn't need the
CURSIG() loop.  CURSIG() is much more expensive than it used to be,
since it has to check 128 signals instead of 32 and aquire and release
2 locks instead of none.

> On Sun, 20 Jan 2002, Bruce Evans wrote:

Please don't top post (top mail?).

Bruce