Date:      Wed, 8 Dec 1999 11:48:31 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: wd driver will be retired!

that is not the way it should be..

Someone replacing a module and deleting th eoriginal should make a decent
effort to cover all the present functionality. (OR make a decision that
such functionality will never be covered, (e.g. bad144)).
Just breaking things because you felt you'd rather not spend the time
doing it is not an answer.
Making something drop back from DMA to non DMA comes under the heading
"breaking" for me.