Date:      Thu, 21 Feb 2002 01:11:42 +0100
From:      "Rogier R. Mulhuijzen" <drwilco@drwilco.net>
To:        "Lane, Frank L" <frank.l.lane@boeing.com>, "'freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Posix question

At 16:32 20-2-2002 -0600, Lane, Frank L wrote:
>Hi List,
>
>I'm facing a serial write problem.  Posix provides a function tcdrain ()
>that blocks until all serial data has been written from the card.  Is there
>an analogous function in the gnu c compiler for windows platforms?  Does the
>gnu c compiler try to give you posix functionality within the windows
>environment?  Thank you for any help you'll offer.

A few things.
1) the GNU C Compiler doesn't provide the tcdrain() function, but libc does
this.
2) if you're looking for UNIX like behavior on windows system (like GCC) I
suggest you check out www.cygwin.com. I'm sure they can answer your
question much better than the FreeBSD community.
3) why not use FreeBSD instead of windows? (not trying to be zealous, just
curious, and you did post to a FreeBSD mailing list)

Hope that helps you out,

         Doc