Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 2013 13:07:42 -0600
From:      Bryan Drewery <bdrewery@FreeBSD.org>
To:        marino@freebsd.org, "ports@FreeBSD.org" <ports@freebsd.org>

--lq3SslH52ViIX3hBPc62KWuxQc8qUoNPm

On 12/17/2013 4:33 PM, John Marino wrote:
> Over the months I've seen several ports users copy a failure log and
> mail it to ports@, usually without even saying "hello".  I've tried to
> discourage that behavior but other members of this mail list encourage
> this method of bypassing writing PRs.  One user even proudly boasted
> that sending email to ports@ is faster than writing a PR so of course h=
> was going to do that instead.
>=20
> If this kind of post is acceptable to the rest of the people here, and
> I'm alone in not only finding it very rude, but also making the volume
> of ports@ too high, then please tell me that the problem is with me.
>=20
> If nothing is going to change, I am going to unsubscribe from ports@
> list.  The gcc developers on gcc@gcc.gnu.org always tell a poster when =
> post in appropriate for that list and as a result and as a result the
> posters usually only make a mistake once.  I'd like to see something
> closer to that, but if the list isn't going to be policed then it's too=

> noisy for me.
>=20
> John

I sincerely disagree and think it's quite rude to users to not accept
their reports however they send them to us. current@ constantly has
build failures on it, even automated. There's no reason ports@ shouldn't
either. It tells everyone that "yes" there is a problem with this port
and "it's not just me".

--=20
Regards,
Bryan Drewery