Date:      Fri, 06 Dec 2002 13:41:56 +0100
From:      Harald Neuffer <neuf@lrs.eei.uni-erlangen.de>
To:        George Barnett <george@alink.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Via EPIA Mini-ITX motherboard

George Barnett wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anybody got experience running a recent snapshot on one of these?
>
> I'm looking to get the C3 800 model and make a small fileserver for home use
> and am looking for feedback on hardware compatibility / problems / etc.
>
> http://www.viavpsd.com/product/epia_mini_itx_spec.jsp?motherboardId=21

Hello,

at the moment I am inquiring for a small motherboard that could be my
kitchen mp3-player and WWW-browser. One of the choices is the mentioned
VIA Eden board, but I found a open PR for the vr ethernet device. See
also:

http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=i386/44572

It is still mark as open, but there where some changes at the vr source
recently, thus may it is fixed.

Does somebody run XFree86 4.2.1 on these kind of boards?

An alternative would be the board cv860a from Lex. This board is not
mini-itx and has the possibility to have a Intel nic, but it has no PCI
slot. See http://www.lex.com.tw/cv860a.htm
Has somebody run FreeBSD with X and sound on the Lex board?

See you,

Harald