Date:      Mon, 06 Nov 2000 15:57:03 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        small@freebsd.org
Subject:   Looking for a small machine

I'm looking for good sources of a small machines.  I need the machine
to be smaller than a mini-tower in size and able to run FreeBSD.  I
need to be able to put two or three nics into this machine, one of
them needs to be ISA (pcmcia bridge).  I'm looking for complete
systems.  Anybody got a good place to get stuff like this?  My last
supplier (of a 7"x3.5"x10" system) is 401 now (they are in bankruptcy
and will likely not emerge).  x86, at compat, blah blah blah.  Needn't
be fast, but fast enough to handle a 1Mbps pipe through it.

Since I need 2 nics plus a wireless card, most laptops won't do :-(.
Those that do are about $800 with their docking station.  I was
looking for a cheaper solution.

Warner