Date:      Mon, 9 Aug 1999 21:20:28 -0500
From:      "John Sanders" <moose@ebicom.net>
To:        "David S. Jackson" <dsj@dsj.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: /dev/dspstat

Actually it *is* supported with a few patches,
ftp://ftp.thebarn.com/outgoing/es1371.patch
Apply this to /usr/src/sys/pci/es1370.c and /usr/src/sys/pci/es1370_reg.h
Then rebuild your kernel with pnp0, pci0 and most importantly, pcm0 (Luigi's
sound driver that you just patched :-> ).
Then, prance into /dev
you need to "sh MAKEDEV snd1"
I haven't been explained the reason snd1 must be used instead of snd0, but
thats the way it is, and it works! :-P
Now, it wont actually create /dev/snd1, but it will create other devices
such as /dev/audio1.
You may have to manually delete and re-link some files (such as
/dev/audio1 -> /dev/audio) if you get any complaints from the
shell.

Also, my pcm0 configuration looks like this, the only thing you should have
to change is the IRQ obviously (unless it really *is* at 11).
pcm0 at isa? port? irq 11 drq 5 flags 0x0

Good luck!
John
http://www.freebsdbox.com