Date:      Wed, 6 Aug 1997 10:05:46 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Alex <garbanzo@hooked.net>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Could someone clarify this?

> ex0, eg0.

Don't know what these are, but they aren't related to LINT_PCCARD_HACK.

> The ambiguous wording on this options leaves me wonderin what device
> it's attached to LINT_PCCARD_HACK, and if it's really needed.

LINT_PCCARD_HACK is used so that both the older PCCARD drivers(if_zp,
if_ze) and the newer devices can both be compiled in the kernel.  They
both provide the same functionality, so both can't be actual *run* at
the same time, but because LINT is the kernel with as much of everything
as possible, Bruce had me add the option so both could be compiled in at
the same time.

Nate