Date:      Sun, 08 Aug 1999 10:40:45 -0500
From:      David Vondrasek <david@davidv.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Tcl HELP

[ Please reply via email also, I just subscribed to the list and not sure
I'll get any immediate replies]

Trying to compile a program and it can't find Tcl, I have it installed but
It can't find it.
Can some one tell me what I need to do to get it to see the Tcl ?

FreeBSD 3.2 - Release

---- error from ./configure ---

checking for libtcl... found in /usr/local/lib/libtcl76.so.1
checking for tcl.h... not found

I can't find Tcl on this system.

Eggdrop now requires Tcl to compile.  If you already have Tcl
installed on this system, and I just wasn't looking in the right
place for it, set the environment variables TCLLIB and TCLINC so
I will know where to find 'libtcl.a' (or 'libtcl.so') and 'tcl.h'
(respectively).  Then run 'configure' again.

Read the README file if you don't know what Tcl is or how to get
it and install it.

------
Files on system. from locate

david@ns1:/home/david/eggdrop1.3.9 : locate tcl.h
/usr/local/include/expect_tcl.h
/usr/local/include/otcl.h
/usr/local/include/tcl7.5/generic/tcl.h
/usr/local/include/tcl7.5/tcl.h
/usr/local/include/tcl7.6/generic/tcl.h
/usr/local/include/tcl7.6/tcl.h
/usr/local/include/tcl8.0/generic/tcl.h
/usr/local/include/tcl8.0/tcl.h
/usr/local/include/tcl8.1/generic/tcl.h
/usr/local/include/tcl8.1/tcl.h

david@ns1:/home/david/eggdrop1.3.9 : locate libtcl.a
**no found **

david@ns1:/home/david/eggdrop1.3.9 : locate libtcl.so
/usr/compat/linux/usr/i486-linuxaout/lib/libtcl.so.3
/usr/compat/linux/usr/i486-linuxaout/lib/libtcl.so.3.1
/usr/compat/linux/usr/lib/libtcl.so

How do I " set the environment variables TCLLIB and TCLINC "
please ?

Thanks

Dave