Date:      11 Aug 1996 23:21:45 +0200
From:      Peter Mutsaers <plm@xs4all.nl>
To:        gjennejohn@frt.dec.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, isdn@muc.ditec.de
Subject:   Re: BISDN & FreeBSD

>> On Fri, 09 Aug 96 11:42:13 +0200, garyj@frt.dec.com said:

    >> My question: is someone tracking BISDN and porting it to
    >> FreeBSD? Any chance of sync PPP on ISDN available anytime soon?

    g> as soon as it's released we'll take a look at incorporating
    g> it. I can't say right now what the impact will be, I don't know
    g> how NetBSD's kernel ppp differs from FreeBSD's, if at
    g> all. Can't do much before it's available.

Good. Do you know when this version of bisdn will appear?

    >> From your question it almost sounds like you don't think that BISDN
    g> runs under FreeBSD. It was developed under FreeBSD and then ported to
    g> NetBSD.

Ah, but the main development at the moment seems to happen under
NetBSD, right?

Well, I could also give NetBSD a try.

Currently I installed Linux because of its excellent isdn4linux Teles
driver (including X75 modem emulation).

But apart of that I don't like Linux so much. So I do hope I can have
the same under *BSD soon. I could give it a try myself (the modem
emulation) by copying it from isdn4linux.

    g> Life is tough. I'm no operating system chauvanist, use whatever works
    g> best in your situation.

Apart from that, BSD works better; contrary to popular believe, it's
interactive response is clearly better than Linux on my hardware!

--
Peter Mutsaers  |  Abcoude (Utrecht),
plm@xs4all.nl   |  the Netherlands