Date:      Fri, 30 Oct 1998 21:06:31 +0100
From:      "Niels Chr. Bank-Pedersen" <ncbp@bank-pedersen.dk>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The new bootloader - how do you set it up?

On Wed, Oct 28, 1998 at 08:46:36PM -0800, Mike Smith wrote:

>   make world
>
> followed by
>
>   disklabel -B -b /boot/boot1 -s /boot/boot2 <disk>
>
> will upgrade you completely.  The visible parts of the new loader are
> in /boot/loader, and are updated by 'make world'.

Is the issue with a "changing" bootdevice during boot solved?
I saw some reports on problems when booting from a device that
wouldn't become the root-device -- resulting in "root device
doesn't match mounted device" when remounting "/".
I ask because I am using OS/2 bootloader (installed on wd0) to boot
FreeBSD from da0, and I ran into the abovementioned problem.
( - could be because I haven't configured wd-support in my kernel (only
M$-stuff there anyway :), but I'd like that to work as well.)

/Niels Chr.

--
 Niels Christian Bank-Pedersen, NCB1-RIPE.
 Network Manager, Tele Danmark DataNET, IP-section.

 # rsh -l God universe.all find / -name '*windows*' -exec rm -rf {} \\;