Date:      Tue, 3 Aug 2010 16:15:19 -0600
From:      Charles Richards <richardsc@gmail.com>
To:        Freebsd questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: lightweight Chat client/server?

You can tune the openfire JVM configuration to run in 256MB of RAM, =
possibly less with only < 6 users.
You also do not need to use an external DB for it - it can run with it's =
own embedded DB.

It's probably the easiest to install / configure Jabber client I've come =
across, but there's a good list noted here: =
http://xmpp.org/software/servers.shtml

Charles Richards
www.charlesrichards.net
richardsc@gmail.com