Date:      Thu, 08 Feb 1996 13:01:56 +1100
From:      Scott Donovan <sdd@ccd.tas.gov.au>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Interesting Problem with SCSI/HD

Hi Folks,

  Bit of an annoying problem with a SCSI Hard disk. I have an adaptec 2940
controller with a seagate 410800N sitting on it..

 Unfortunately the kernel is reporting a disk error on a sector. (Which at
the moment is sitting smack bang in the middle of our WWW proxy cache :-) )

When I do a verify/remap through the controller, it does not find the
"bogus" sector, is there anyway of avoiding having to low level the drive ?