Date:      Wed, 08 Dec 1999 20:58:28 +0100
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: wd driver will be retired!

In message <Pine.BSF.4.10.9912081044360.23315-100000@current1.whistle.com>, Jul
ian Elischer writes:

>Someone replacing a module and deleting th eoriginal should make a decent
>effort to cover all the present functionality. (OR make a decision that
>such functionality will never be covered, (e.g. bad144)).
>Just breaking things because you felt you'd rather not spend the time
>doing it is not an answer.

Julian, I have not heard anybody here saying that "they'd rather
not spend the time doing it".

I have in fact heard Soren spend quite an amount of time calling
for testers for the last many months.

If you have the hardware, I suggest you either drop it in a box
and ship it to soren or sit down and integrate the code yourself.

Either of those approaches will be many times more efficient that
the one you're taking right now.

Poul-Henning

FreeBSD -- It will take a long time before progress goes too far!