Date:      Tue, 27 Jul 1999 16:33:11 -0500
From:      Tony Wells <awells@journalstar.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New sendmail config?

I just happened to have to do the same thing today!  Here's what I did,
sendmail gurus feel free to comment. :-)  (I'm assuming you're using the
stock sendmail.cf file)

Back-up your current /etc/sendmail.cf to something like
/etc/sendmail.cf.bak so you can copy back the original if something
breaks.

You'll find the .mc files which get 'compiled' by /usr/bin/m4 in:
/usr/src/contrib/sendmail/cf/cf

Copy the file generic-bsd4.4.mc to some new file, say foo.mc

Edit the file foo.mc and on the first line add the line: (yes that is a
back-tick)
include(`../m4/cf.m4')

Also add the line to the end of the file:
FEATURE(`accept_unresolvable_domains')

Run the command:
/usr/bin/m4 foo.mc > foo.cf

Run the command:
/usr/sbin/sendmail -C foo.cf
To check your configuration.  If it complains about not being able to
find /etc/sendmail.cw change the line in foo.cf
Fw/etc/sendmail.cw to:
Fw -o /etc/sendmail.cw

Copy your new foo.cf to /etc/sendmail.cf

Restart the daemon.

Ouila', you're done.