Date:      Wed, 28 Jan 1998 21:48:11 -0800
From:      Tom Dillard <dillards@mpsi.net>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        ldillard@spd.dsccc.com, dillards@mpsi.net
Subject:   AGP Problem?

Doug White suggested I contact you guys.  I'm sure you are all busy but
I figure a quick reply give me my answer.

I have a new DELL XPS 266, 64Mb ECC SDRAM;
               video: 8Mb Matrox Millennium II AGP;
               drive: Ultra ATA
               CD:    14/32X eide  (NEC)
               sound: creative labs awe64 isa
               storage: iomega zip for WinNT

I'm trying to boot 2.2.5 from CD, first time install.

Is 2.2.5 able to deal with AGP?  After the configure screen (where you
resolve irq conflicts) and a bunch of print msgs (which I'll omit for
now) the screen goes blank.  I'm suspecting now that the video is not
being recognized or something along those lines.  If there is a way to
correct this (short of installing a different video card) I'd appreciate
hearing about it.

Thanks for you help,

Tom

home: dillards@mpsi.net