Date:      Sat, 28 Feb 1998 06:43:52 +1100 (EST)
From:      John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        geoffb@chuggalug.clues.com (Geoff Buckingham)
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pthreads in current

Geoff Buckingham wrote:
>  Playing with yesterdays current I notice the aparent absence of
> pthread_attr_setscope and pthread_attr_setschedparam from libc_r.

pthread_attr_setscope depends on _POSIX_THREAD_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING
which is commented out in pthread.h because there is currently no way
to set a scheduling policy.

> The man page claims both are present :-)

This needs work.

>  pthread_setschedparam is also missing but I suspect this may be
> non standard? (Although both Sun and SGI seem to have implimented it)
>
>  Is this by intention or just that no one has implimented them yet?

Yes and yes. 8-)

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@netbsd.org; jb@freebsd.org
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137