Date:      Sun, 29 Mar 1998 20:45:56 -0800
From:      grady@scam.XCF.Berkeley.EDU
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NAS development?

I've been thinking about writing a sound effects program to use on my
laptop, and have started to look into the Network Audio System,
developed at NCD a few years ago.  It seems like it's a good
architecture, and seems to work pretty well.  But I don't hear
many people talking about it.  Do any of you experienced audio
developers have an opinion one way or the other about NAS?

Also, given that NAS does most of what I want to do at a low level, it
merely remains to develop a nice interface for my application,
which suggests Tk.  I looked for an existing TCL interface to NAS
on the net, and wasn't able to find one.  Does anyone know of one,
or will I have to roll my own?
--
	Steven
	grady@xcf.berkeley.edu