Date:      Tue, 5 Jan 2016 10:27:57 -0800
From:      Mark Millard <markmi@dsl-only.net>
To:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD Toolchain <freebsd-toolchain@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Bug 205663 Clang getting Bus Errors (arm SCLTR Bit[12]==1 context): Reported fixed on llvm's trunk

llvm.org's Bugzilla reports that clang trunk has been fixed and clang =
3.8 will contain the fixes:

James Molloy changed bug 25958=20
What	Removed	Added
Status	NEW	RESOLVED
Resolution	---	FIXED
Comment # 8 on bug 25958 from James Molloy
Hi Mark,

Thanks for your detailed investigation. I can confirm that this is fixed =
on
trunk and therefore will be fixed for LLVM 3.8.

The fixes were done for SPARC, which requires strict accesses much as =
ARM does
with SCTLR=3D1.

There was a sequence of commits by James Knight that fixed these, but an
example is http://reviews.llvm.org/rL242554 .

The fixes were in a similar vein to yours, but required changes in fewer =
places
and there were a few more sticky issues to solve too. I'll CC James here =
in
case he wants to comment on the current state of the clang codebase for
self-hosting in a strict alignment environment.

Cheers,

James

=3D=3D=3D
Mark Millard