Date:      Thu, 9 Oct 1997 17:17:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        nordwick@scheme.xcf.berkeley.edu (Jason Alan Nordwick)
Cc:        rivers@dignus.com, freebsd-hackers@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: LINUX emulation and uname(3).

Jason Alan Nordwick wrote:

> Are you trying to get Mathematica to work ?  If so, I know of
> someone that was able to get Mathematica running under FreeBSD,
> and I can give you his email address.

	i have mathematica running under FreeBSD.
	the binaries are static...you must use "brandelf Linux"
	to mark them as linux binaries.

	the install tools on the cd need to branded as well....;(
	i just copied them over to the disk and editted shell scripts
	to use the disk copies (after "brandelf Linux") in place of the
	teh CD copies.
jmb