Date:      Thu, 3 Oct 2013 23:26:50 +0400
From:      Eir Nym <eirnym@gmail.com>
To:        Andriy Gapon <avg@freebsd.org>
Cc:        "ports@freebsd.org" <ports@freebsd.org>, Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [HEADSUP] Staging, packaging and more

Hi,

I have question do we really need to build *doc packages every time or we
can download prebuilded documentation for stable ports?

There's two versions of documentation distributed separately for most
ports: "doc-source" and "doc-builded". And there's very few situations when
we really need build documentation from scratch. Otherwise we can download
prepackaged versions from distribution site. For example, I don't need TeX
or docbook distribution on my server to read the documentation I can
download directly if I don't really want to build it.