Date:      Mon, 7 Jul 2003 20:23:06 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <troy@psknet.com>
To:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?'Marco_Gon=E7alves'?= <marco@aces.pt>, "'FreeBSD ISP List'" <freebsd-isp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Qmail

Marco,

Assuming that Courier IMAP is working ok from other clients (Outhouse,
Nutscrape, Evil-oution), this question is better suited for the SM list.

I would recommend upgrading SM to the CVS version, which has MANY bug
fixes (minor and major) since the 1.4.0 release.  If the SM upgrade
doesn't do the trick, yank your PHP and install 4.2.3, which seems to be
best suited for SM 1.4.x right now.

My current setup, which gives me very few hassles is:

 - Courier-IMAP 1.7.1  (from ports)
 - Apache 1.3.27       (from ports)
 - PHP 4.2.3           (from source)
 - SM 1.4.0 CVS        (from CVS, duh)
 - SqWebMail 3.5.2     (from ports)

I install the last (SqWebMail) because it's more forgiving and MUCH
faster than SquirrelMail, even if it is ugly as hell.  Suprisingly
enough, we have more than a few users who use it as their primary
client.

--
  Troy Settle
  Pulaski Networks

http://matt.simerson.net/computing/mail/qmail/qmail.toaster.shtml

but for me it didnt work out, because i needed to transfer the domains
from a existent linux box with vpopmail and no mysql so all the setup
was in vpopmail dir and qmail control files.... so i found a simpler
(equivalent) solution that allowed me to copy the control files and
vpopmail domains structure on directly from the linux box to the bsd

http://www.stevenfettig.com/mythoughts/archives/000090.php - thanx a lot

so im happily runing freebsd with qmail served from tcpserver + vpopmail
+ qmailadmin + roaming users trough pop before smtp + coureir-imap +
pop3 & pop3s

the only thing that is going wrong is the webmail, im using
squirrelmail, and all goes well except when a user puts a wrong
user/pass configuration, instead of printing the loginfailure message it
gives me a php fatal error

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 9437216 bytes exhausted at (null):0
(tried to allocate 4097 bytes) in
/usr/local/squirrelmail/functions/imap_general.php on line 85

im runing FreeBSD 4.8R + PHP 4.3.3RC1 + squirrelmail 1.4.0 + courier
imap 1.7.1

Os nossos melhores cumprimentos.
=20
Marco Gon=E7alves
Respons=E1vel Desenvolvimento
marco.goncalves@aces.pt

---------
       Lisboa / Sul
      Rua de S=E3o Jos=E9, 149/159, Pisos 2 e 3
      1169-115 Lisboa
      N=FAmero =DAnico: 707 22 10 40
      Fax 21 342 18 03
      www.aces.pt=20