Date:      Fri, 7 Aug 1998 08:47:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jason Evans <jasone@canonware.com>
To:        John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
Cc:        alk@pobox.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pthreads woes revisited.

On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, John Birrell wrote:
> Tony Kimball wrote:
> > Ouch!  Like some (many?) others, in my world the whole value
> > of 3.0 is wrapt in SMP and kernel threads.  Nothing else counts,
> > comparatively speaking.

SMP is rather pointless for me as well if kernel threads don't come with
it.

> I doubt that introducing further delays would create a flurry of activity
> aimed at providing added value. All that would happen is that the same
> value would be delivered later.
>
> [ Anybody reading this who wants to prove me wrong was 9 weeks to submit
>   a PR and nag a committer to get it worked on. The PR should contain
>   patches relative to -current, though. ]

Can you summarize what needs done, how much effort you expect it is, and
give a pointer or two on where to look in the source?  If it's within my
technical abilities, I'm willing to help make kernel threads work sooner
rather than later.

Jason

Jason Evans
Email: [jasone@canonware.com]
Web: [http://www.canonware.com/~jasone]
Home phone: [(650) 856-8204]
Work phone: [(408) 774-8007]
Quote: ["Invention is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration" - Thomas Edison]