Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2002 17:25:21 +0000
From:      Burhan Nazir <burhan@blueyonder.co.uk>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd@datalinkwireless.com>
Cc:        Free BSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: root Error

Kevin,

It seems that you do not have csh installed on your system.  You have two

1) Install csh so that you can get to root.  Or, the hard way...

2) Drop yourself into single user mode, mount the root partition, edit your
/etc/paswwd file and change the root login shell to a shell that you have
installed, for example /bin/sh or /usr/local/bin/bash.  Reboot the system and
you should be able to get back to root.

Although, I do find it odd that your system does not alreday have /bin/csh
already installed....

-Burhan