Date:      Sun, 31 May 2009 10:43:55 -0700
From:      Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ZFS on top of GELI / Intel Atom 330 system

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 9:05 AM, Ulrich Sp=C3=B6rlein <uqs@spoerlein.net> w=
rote:
> everybody has different needs, but what exactly are you doing with 128GB
> of / ? What I did is the following:
>
> 2GB CF card + CF to ATA adapter (today, I would use 2x8GB USB sticks,
> CF2ATA adapters suck, but then again, which Mobo has internal USB ports?)

You can get CF-to-SATA adapters.  We've used CF-to-IDE quite
successfully in a pair of storage server.  We have a couple of the
SATA adapters on order to test with as our new motherboards only have
1 IDE controller, and doing mirroring across master/slave of the same
channel sucks.

> /usr is quite crowded, but I just need to clean up some ports again.
> /var, /usr/src, /home, /usr/obj, /usr/ports are all on the GELI+ZFS
> pool. If /usr turns out to be to small, I can also move /usr/local
> there. That way booting and single user involves trusty old UFS only.

That's what we do as well, but with /usr/local on ZFS, leaving just /
and /usr on UFS.

--=20
Freddie Cash
fjwcash@gmail.com