Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 1996 12:32:41 -0600
From:      Kimito Sakata <ksakata@flexstar.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Installation

Hello,

I'm trying to install FreeBSD 2.1.0. I got to the point where I can install
the minimum installation. Now I'm trying to install the applications in the
PACKAGES directory but the install program says:
        "GOT INDEX . . . " then says "Unable to fetch package xxxx from
selected media. No package add will be done.".

I'm doing a DOS partition install and the packages are at:
c:\freebsd\packages\index
c:\freebsd\packages\index.txt
c:\freebsd\packages\all\xxxx   where xxxx is the application.

Am I doing something wrong???

Regards.

Kimito