Date:      Sat, 10 Jul 2004 16:02:01 -0400
From:      Randy Pratt <rpratt1950@earthlink.net>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Question about portlint WARN/FATAL errors

I ran portlint on quite a few existing ports and was quite surprised
at the amount of WARN and FATAL errors that existed.  Another thread
that was discussing www/http_load is what made me look.

# portlint http_load
FATAL: Makefile: no MAINTAINER listed.
WARN: Makefile: "PKGNAMESUFFIX" has to appear earlier.
1 fatal errors and 1 warnings found.

I started looking at other categories/ports and noticed that there
seemed to be a lot of WARN/FATAL.  You can see what I mean by

# cd /usr/ports/textproc
# for i in *; do echo "======="; echo $i; portlint $i; done | less

Has portlint been superceded by another tool or are these
warnings/errors indications of something else?

My ports tree/tools are all up-to-date as of last night.

Best regards,

Randy