Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 1996 22:04:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      James Robertson <max@underdog.maxie.com>
To:        michael butler <imb@scgt.oz.au>
Cc:        witr@rwwa.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Another cool hack with FreeBSD...

On Thu, 18 Jan 1996, michael butler wrote:

> With Telstra Internet, access at 28k8 is a flat $A500/month. ISDN is a
> _minimum_ of $A2k/month for _one_ _unused_ 64k channel. Use it, and that
> can reach $A9k/month .. I know, I have one :-(
Ouch. ISDN at T-1 prices for here. I had no idea the prices varied by that
much.

> Multi-link protocols would help enormously in this country, if only to force
> Telstra to be more reasonable about their ISDN pricing,

But If it were added to FreeBSD, would there be a provider willing to
implement it at thier end? Unless both ends of the link did it, you'd
only get better throughput in one direction. I would suspect a new
company that offered such a service would do very well against the
competition though. :-)

  James Robertson
  Treetop Internet Services