Date:      Wed, 12 Feb 2003 18:06:28 -0600
From:      Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com>, FreeBSD GNOME Users <gnome@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: gnometerminal WITH_ZVT build?

* De: Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com> [ Data: 2003-02-12 ]
	[ Subjecte: Re: gnometerminal WITH_ZVT build? ]
> On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 17:49, Juli Mallett wrote:
> > * De: "Mezz bsdforums.org" <reigncracks@hotmail.com> [ Data: 2003-02-12 ]
> > 	[ Subjecte: Re: gnometerminal WITH_ZVT build? ]
> > >
> > > Do you mean, you really want to go back to ZVT? ;-)
> >
> > Er, yeah :)
>
> The build has been fixed.  I caution you, though, that libzvt is dead,
> and will be removed from GNOME CVS very soon.  I will do my best to keep
> it working in FreeBSD for as long as I can.

I will do my best to get bug reports to the GNOME folks for VTE, of course.
Or I could just whine here :)  FWIW, running e.g. Irssi, inside a VTE gnome-
terminal will have severe update issues, should tabs be switched at any point.
In other words, if I have irssi in a tab, and I am sitting in a channel, then
if I ever switch tabs, when I come back, every time it updates things will go
horribly wrong :/  Oh well, at least it echos extended characters right (unlike
zvt did, I dunno the situation now... I assume it's an issue of what does / does
not use pango), even if it won't let me input them :/

Thanx,
juli.
--
Juli Mallett <jmallett@FreeBSD.org>