Date:      Tue, 29 Aug 1995 04:35:57 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   rm -rf ${WRKDIR} in do-extract

Does anyone know why we remove the "work/" subdirectory as the first
thing in do-extract?  This is getting in my way of the checksum
cleanup....

The only reason I can think of it is (since we are here, there sure
isn't a work/.extract_done) to safeguard against the case when the
previous extraction failed in the middle and left a half-baked work/
subdirectory.  If that's the case, it (and the following "mkdir work"
line) should probably move to the main "extract" target, these are
"meta" stuff (just like the cookies) that the do-* targets shouldn't
have to worry about....

Satoshi