Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2012 12:35:22 +0000
From:      Arthur Chance <freebsd@qeng-ho.org>
To:        David Demelier <demelier.david@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Next csup tool to fetch src/ and ports/

On 11/28/12 12:24, David Demelier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm fan of csup, I've been using it for years, since 7.0-RELEASE, however
> it will be disabled on February 2013..
>
> I don't care about using portsnap instead, but how to fetch src/ then ?
>
> I will need to use portsnap, to fetch ports build subversion and then I can
> fetch the src, fetch the ports again using svn this time, that's a little
> bit painful.
>
> Maybe we can try to write something like srcsnap with the same behavior /
> features as portsnap ?

It's called freebsd-update. :-) Provided you're happy with RELEASE and
don't want to track STABLE or CURRENT, you can use freebsd-update to
update just /usr/src. Simply find the line in /etc/freebsd-update.conf
that reads

Components src world kernel

and change it to read

Components src

and it will only touch /usr/src. If do you want to track anything other
than RELEASE you'll have to use svn.